Rootz is a USA Cycling Club full of amazing mountain bikers who volunteer to mentor youth riders and promote off-road cycling as a life-long pathway for joyful adventures filled with personal growth. Mentors, primarily womxn, aim to increase the participation of school-aged girls on bikes. School-aged boys and girls who are old enough to pedal are encouraged to join.
Always together, never alone. This group is a community collective of volunteers, facilitated by a volunteer Chelsea Wahl (USAC CLUB 17413), and sponsored by Full Moon Vista Bike & Sport. Rootz will kick off its inaugural season in Spring 2021 with the support and sponsorship of Full Moon Vista Bike & Sport with 22 ‘roll’ models already working on the start of the season. Read more about our mission, history and roots!
Contact Rootz through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's in the Name?
Roots, log overs, gravel, sand, mud, hills...steep hills, drops etc.: All mountain bikers overcome organic and mental obstacles that terrain throws at them. Every rider remembers the freedom of learning to pedal for the first time. Anyone who has taken a leap to mountain bike vividly recalls their first experience riding over a tree root. Skills - like riding over roots- raise the fun factor and instill confidence in an environment where adversity is met with grit. Muddy freckles are met with smiles. This confidence spills over into other aspects of one's life.
What to expect at a typical session:
- Check the Calendar
- Check the address for the ride 1-2 days prior to the ride. Check out Where We Ride for more info!
- Prepare bike and gear 1-2 evenings before the ride
- Prepare your ride snack and hydration
- Have a checklist to cover before your leave the driveway
- Bike, Helmet etc.
- Arrive 30-minutes prior to the roll out time.
- From rollout to return will be a 1.5 hour session & loops with skills covered in a supportive, non-competitive environment.
Ready to get involved? Click here for more information about registration and the requirements!