Rootz is a USA Cycling Club full of amazing mountain bikers who volunteer to mentor youth riders and promote off-road cycling as a life-long pathway for joyful adventures filled with personal growth. Mentors - we call them Roll Models - aim to increase the participation of school-aged youth on bikes. School-aged boys and girls who are old enough to pedal and beginner adult riders are encouraged to join.
Always together, never alone. This group is a community collective of volunteers, facilitated by a crew of volunteers led by Case Hamilton and sponsored by Full Moon Vista Bike & Sport. ROOTZ will kick off its third season in Spring 2023. Read more about our mission, history and roots!
Contact Rootz through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's in the Name?
Roots, log overs, gravel, sand, mud, hills...steep hills, drops etc.: All mountain bikers overcome organic and mental obstacles that terrain throws at them. Every rider remembers the freedom of learning to pedal for the first time. Anyone who has taken a leap to mountain bike vividly recalls their first experience riding over a tree root. Skills - like riding over roots- raise the fun factor and instill confidence in an environment where adversity is met with grit. Muddy freckles are met with smiles. This confidence spills over into other aspects of one's life.
What to expect at a typical session:
- Wednesday rides are at Dryer Road Park in Victor, NY. Check out Where We Ride for more info!
- Rides roll out promptly at 6:30 p.m. and return between 8:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. depending on daylight.
- Prepare bike and gear 1-2 evenings before the ride
- Prepare your ride snack and hydration
- Have a checklist to cover before your leave the driveway
- Bike, Helmet etc.
- Arrive 30-minutes prior to the roll out time.
- From rollout to return will be a 1.5 hour session & loops with skills covered in a supportive, non-competitive environment.